Create one file per product
For special processing provide a separate file with sketches
– Screen printing: at least 180 dpi, ideally: 300 dpi.
– Digital / offset printing: 300 dpi.
– Large-scale digital printing:
approx. 300 dpi. for a viewing distance approx. 2 to 3 meters
approx. 150 dpi. for a viewing distance approx. 3 to 5 meters
approx. 72 dpi. for a viewing distance approx. 5 to 9 meters
approx. 36 dpi. for a viewing distance up from 9 meters.
– 3mm crop of all areas or images which surpass the final format +crop marks
– Uncropped elements must be positioned at least 3mm away from the edges of the final format
– Line width not below 0,2 pt. Negative lines 0,4 pt minimum
– Negative fonts not below 7 pt. Do not use “light” fonts in this size.
– Set black to overprint, everything else to knockout. We will set trapping and underfilling.
– Elements set as overprinting will be maintained
– Lines, fills and fonts must be set as vectors for a high quality conversion
– Use CMYK model, do not use RGB model
– Clearly define spot colors (HKS 8, Pantone 234, for example)
– Set white pre-print 0,2mm smaller along the edges
– Flatten transparencies
– Range of tonal value: For halftone areas and gradations between 5% and 95%. Values outside this range may
swerve or blur in the print.
– If fonts are not provided, convert them into paths
– Always embed fonts
- Punching and cutting outlines:
– Provide images with punching and cutting outlines as one file for viewing
– For further processing, create an individual file with punching outlines and set the spot color to overprint
- PDF-file standard:
according to PDF/X-4: 2008, without printable comments, zip packed, transparencies flattened in high resolution, fonts embedded in file or converted to paths
- files from Photoshop CS5.1, Illustrator CS5.1, InDesign CS5.5, QuarkXPress 8.12 enclose images, enclose fonts or convert fonts into paths
- Photoshop files
Ebenen beibehalten, Schriften in Pfade umwandeln
- Image formats
psd, eps, tiff, jpg, bmp.
- Via e-mail (up to approx. 10 MB): email@example.com
- Datacarrier: CD or DVD
- Uploadserver: https://www.wetransfer.com/
- FTP-Server: on demand
Avoid special characters in folder and file names.
For a faster transfer and to prevent damage of the files, we recommend to zip pack the files.
REQUEST A DATACHECK
Our prepress team will gladly check your data for potential inconsistencies and will make necessary corrections in accordance with you. The billing depends on the expenditures. If this data check is not wanted, the customer alone is responsible for the correctness and the completeness of the delivered data.